Friday, December 28, 2012

Some part of Europe (1)

Like my promise last night, now I'm going to share and recommend some places in 4 of Europe countries that I've already visited this year around July-August. Well, some of my friends ask me how come I go to Europe? Is it for free? What is my aim to go there? For how long? How much budget I spent? And bla.. bla..bla.. Actually, I can't remember all the detail story from 5 weeks I have the opportunity to feel the new atmosphere of European here. But, below here is my travel blackberry's notes that I type usually on my spare time in the bus. Kinda not really complete for the story hehe. I wish this can motivate all of you who wanna go to Europe too! Because what you wish is not only in your wish, it can be real. For sure? Ya for sure! I've proved it. :)

First, I have a chance to go there is because I am one of Indonesia delegations of IAAS, my campus organization. I'm not alone, I'm with 5 friends from different universities, 3 from IPB, Faradila, Farah and Aldith also me, 1 from UNS, Christy and 1 from UNDIP, Arif. We come from the same organization that divided into different local committee every universities. In Indonesia there are 8 universities, IPB, UB, UNPAD, UNS, UNDIP, UNHALU, UGM, UNRAM. And every year our organization have annual meeting in national level and also international level. And in 2012, we've got chance to know Europe trough this event. Is it for free? Actually ya. Thanks to our beloved sponsor anyway. It's not easy to get the sponsor for our travel expend. But, miracle does exist, we got it! The money, we got it! And now? Let's fly! :)

Transit in Dubai after half day flight.
Schipol. Before go around Amsterdam, we have to take our luggage in  the locker.
Don't worry! Safety.
Amsterdam Centraal. The train station.
You must be here if you are in Holland.
Nyam.. Nyam.. It's hard for finding halal food here.
So kebab be the choice, big size for two Indonesia people hihi.
Cheese!!!
Don't forget to try the cheese.
Come in from one cheese store to next one hihi.
Windmill. Here I am in Harleem, one of Netherland city near Amsterdam.
FYI, Holland is not really big country. Proud to be Indonesian!
Haring. Slimmy fish with onion and pickle. Fishy yaaa.
But recommended to try! :)
Frites. The most wanted food in Europe.
French fries with mayo sauce. Yummy!
Madame Tussaud. We choose for the last place we visited in Amsterdam.\
Hello Angelina Jolie!
Still at Madame Tussaud, Amsterdam. Hello monalisa! :)
Notes. On the train. Hectic. Ah people. Adaptation.
My body is not really fit for today. Because last night bed room is definitely not proper. Where is it? It's Schipol. Yap! Amsterdam airport, the best airport in Europe. Yeah that's right, I agree, but not the right choice for sleeping place. But because, we have planned to Leuven, Belgium tomorrow. So, we decided to sleep in here. Aldith said that's ok if we sleep in airport. He is ok. I'm not, but no other choices. Keep smile for today, for the new place. Ok? Ok!

We've already bought train tickets to Leuven for 26euro per person, transit in Mechelen and say hello to Leuven. I thought the train system here is different with in Indonesia or minimal better. Ah stupid me, it's not. We bought the economy class, so like in Indonesia, the fastest who sit. We didn't know yet how the procedure, get in into the train, then? We just walked along the train and got nothing. So, we went back and caused traffic on the train because of our luggage. LoL.
Happy here. The house is lovely!

Arrived!!! We met Mas Roil Bilad in the Leuven station. Who is he? He is a friend of my Dean's friend. Hmm, get it? Hehe. How's his house? Nice!!! Lovely. It's not really big house, just bed room, bath room, kitchen and living room, all for two persons. We will sleep at the living room for tonight. No problemo. Actually, Roil already prepared room for the girls in his friend house, but I thought it quiet far from there and it will make hard and late to move tomorrow morning.

Feel tired? Ya ya ya! But, there's one more thing to do today. That's 'pengajian' with others PPI (Persatuan Pelajar Indonesia) in Leuven and also Vido's birthday. Actually, we are suddenly invited. Who is Vido? Mas Vido is my senior, ka Dodz, friend. Fardil know him from wall Facebook trough ka Dodz. So right now, I'm getting ready for this first. Bye-bye~

Morning. Better place. Sunny.
Aldith, mba Atun, me, Fardil, Farah. Go around Leuven!
Today is my 4th day and now I'm going to go around Leuven, Belgium, I called student city. And our guide for today is Mas Roil's wife, Mba Atun. Thank God, we are definitely will not lose like in Amsterdam lol. Last night, I was sleep not really well. Why? Idk, maybe because the last 2 days, I slept really not proper. I'm still feeling sleepy now. But it's ok! Go around Leuven by walk, fight fight! Bye bye.

Hello! Here I now, back to Roil's simple lovely house. Tired!!! Argh. But happy enough 
Today, we visited 3 churches. Idk the exactly name of those churches, forgot hehe. But, I remember about one of the popular person and some of his stories. It's about Saint Peter van Damian, I thought the Catholics know about him. Aldith said there are 3 reasons why in one country there is exactly one Santo or Santa there. First, helping the poor people there. Second, strictly great in the Catholic religion. And third, spreading up this religion. Hmm, sorry if I've got mistake. Just correct me, please. Btw, Santo is a call for the men and Santa for the women. Let me think, hmm well, so how about Santa Clause? Is it should be Santa or Santo? Confused.
Church visiting.
Central of Leuven, on my back is the city library.
Leuven Botanical Garden.
Cheap way to eat frites. Ssst!
Ok, after the churches we went to some market to buy our contents for cooking dinner tonight. I couldn't remember the name of the big market there, sorry, but the market is really efficient from the system until the size of cashier. It doesn't need many space, because we just have to stand in a line, the cashier man will come to our trolley and bring stuff like little gun then check the label price and count our stuffs then finish, we pay it, still in our trolley. Second market is called Exotic World, in there we can find Halal food.

We also came to Groetemarkt. It means big market. In Indonesia, it's like the hang out place. Because there is no mall here. We can shopping along the street. And I've got shoes in H&M, cute shoes only for 10euro!!!
Our dinner.
You know what, today, Mba Atun told us the cheapest way to eat Frites. We buy the mayo sauce on the bottle in the market and the french fries in the boots. Different place to buy, also different style to eat for. Lol.
The butterfly shoes. H&M for only 10 euro.

For tonight, Fardil, Farah and me, the girls plan to cook food that contain of vegetables and we decided to cook cap cay. See you later before I sleep! Cooked. Ate. Full. Tired. We cooked a food that idk the name. Lol. Because, it's not like a cap cay. Before I combine the ingredients in right taste, I worried it will not be the delicious one. But, thanks for tiram sauce, it helped much. We also made jelly that I brought from Indonesia for the dessert.

Now, I have to pack my stuffs for tomorrow. Paris broh! Yes. I'm going to go there. After quiet long brainstorming this 2 days, finally, we agree to go to Paris tomorrow. All we have to pay by ourselves is the bus from Brussels-noord to Paris and also the metro ticket for going around Paris. The hotel have already booked this morning by booking.com thank you anyway and pay by our left shared money, it's about 119euro for one night in Hotel Paris de Grande. Actually, the first plan, we will stay at Fardil's couchsurfing.com friend, named El. But, cause of on 14th of July is Paris independent day, she has a party day and night in her house. Why don't we join the party? Hmm, I don't think so, because there still be so many places that I want to see beside the party. See you tomorrow morning in Paris!

Bus. Blooming. Expectation. Eiffel.
Today is my 5th day in Europe. And now I'm on my way to Paris!!! Yap, some people said that if you're going to go to Europe but not come to Paris, it was not Europe. So, here I now on bus, called Eurolines with price 57 euro for return ticket Brussels-Paris-Brussels, in 3 hours later, I'm going to see what Europe is.
The bus.

n.b. Still can not be believed I'm here, on my way to see Eiffel tower, the icon of Paris, the country with no one speak English and affirmative not Bahasa.
The bus inside and me.

Notre dame de Paris.

E for eiffel at the rainy day.
Hello we're here in our hotel on one of streets in Paris. Tired, excited, great day, bad weather, all in one. It's already 10 PM when I've just arrived here with three others friend.
Warm room. Nice :)
Our breakfast. Paris and croissant.
Paris independence day.
Arc de Triomphe.
Louvre. There monalisa inside.
But I've already met her in Madame Tussaud :p
Friends frame. Love it!
Back to reality. The event. WOCO. For 3 weeks. Belgium. Germany.

To be continued..

With fantastic feeling, @fadilamh

No comments: